[MPlayer-users] configure --disable-network fails on make

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Sat Mar 15 12:28:05 CET 2008

John Brown wrote:

> You can download my binary at:
> http://download.yousendit.com/ED8E8F5363B89E3D

Your EXE was compiled for SEE2, so it crashes on P-III. Could you compile
all the same without SEE2? You only need to change these two lines in
configure:

===============><8================
# GOTCHA: the variables below defines the default behavior for autodetection
# and have - unless stated otherwise - at least 2 states : yes no
# If autodetection is available then the third state is: auto
_mmx=auto
_3dnow=auto
_3dnowext=auto
_mmxext=auto
_sse=auto
--------------------------------
_sse2=no
_ssse3=no
--------------------------------
_cmov=auto
===============><8================

At least I've done it and now MEncoder shows correct CPU config for my
P-III.

As for the bug with assertion failure, it still exists, and I beleave it is
caused by some third-party libs, installed to compile MPlayer. At least your
executable, compatible with P-III, could bring more light on this problem.

My configure log is here:
http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/bug/configure-log.txt

My make log is here:
http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/bug/make-log.txt