[MPlayer-users] ac3 over dvb card?

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at freenet.de
Sun Mar 16 11:29:36 CET 2008

Hi,
On So, Mär 16, 2008 at 10:49:00 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> my card and the only person that has access to the firmware sources
> say otherwise. Can you point me to a doc explaining how VDR passes
> along AC3 and in what conditions?

I couldn't find technical info about this only vdr code!

vdr's HISTORY file
vdr can handle this since 1.3.18

  + cDevice::PlayAudio() is now called with the actual audio PES
packets, which
    can be either "normal" audio or AC3 data. You need at least firmware
version
    0x261d to replay AC3 sound over a full featured DVB card. This
function now
    has an 'int' return value.

HTH.
Halim