[MPlayer-users] Fatal error!

Paul TT mplayer at paultt.org
Mon Mar 17 11:34:56 CET 2008

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:06:04 +0100
"Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Percy Rotteveel <percy at rotteveel.ca>
> wrote:
> > I try to play the DVD: "The Matrix, Reloaded" on my RHEL 5 (Linux
> >  version 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5
> > (brewbuilder at ls20-bc2-14.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2
> > 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)) #1 SMP Tue Feb 19 07:18:21 EST 2008),
> > using mplayer.
> >
> >  As a result I get the following error message:
> >
> >  MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: spudec_init_dvdread
> >
> >  (gdb) bt
> >  #0  0x08084254 in init_vo_spudec ()
> >  #1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
>
> Your build of MPlayer lacks debug symbols. Please recompile with them
> and re-do your bug report.

moreover, how do you invoke mplayer?
mplayer dvdnav://
mplayer dvd://
mplayer dvd://1

moreover again, do you see any strange messages about the dvd  drive
in /var/log/syslog or wherever fc puts its system logs?

and over and over, which damned version of mplayer are you using?

here the dvd plays fine, but it's italian version, i can't know about
others....