[MPlayer-users] Sound problem inducting seg fault with MPlayer

Brice-Olivier Demory bodemory at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:55:08 CET 2008

2008/3/24, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com>:
> That's ridiculously old.  Grab a recent SVN snapshot.

Indeed, I just did it and installed binary codecs in
/usr/local/lib/codecs as suggested with adding the path in the
./configure command line.

When trying to launch the movie I end up with :

VIDEO:  [icod]  2048x768  24bpp  25.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
[VO_XV] It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
[VO_XV] Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support and read
[VO_XV] DOCS/HTML/en/video.html#xv!
[VO_XV] See 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers.
[VO_XV] Try -vo x11.

'xvinfo' returns :
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
 no adaptors present

Do I have to upgrade Xfree or should I install recent drivers for my
graphic card ?

Thanks,
Brice