[MPlayer-users] Benefits of compiling against Live555 or libnemesi?

andrew andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 03:55:07 CET 2008

Hi,

I have just spent a bit of time compiling the current mplayer against
Live555, libnemesi and without either for playing / capturing a radio
rtsp stream:

rtsp://media1.abc.net.au/classic/ftgws/ftgws_2303_2856ISDN2LAN1.rm

I will admit to having some trouble getting libmesi to open the stream
but using Live555 compiled externally to mplayer or using the
'internal' stream player seemed the same.

My question (and a noob one I suspect) is: Is there any great
advantage to compiling and installing these external programs and then
compiling mplayer against them, when the 'native' offering does such a
great job?

         Andrew

--
http://www.andrews-corner.org