[MPlayer-users] MP3 playback cut offs

john q public public at pitchblende.org
Sat Mar 29 18:31:40 CET 2008

Hi All,

Several times in the recent past Ive tried playing MP3s only to have
them cut off. Often only a minute or
so into playback. If I try the same file in Xine of Realplay they play
to the end. Its happening so often
that Im thinking I've misconfigured my system or something as Im working
with a from "scratch"
setup. But I have had the same problem with an older version of LFS
using an older kernel and it happened
consistently with one sound file in particular. If this has been
mentioned b4 I apologize. If on the other
hand someone wants me to do some digging and come up with usable debug
data I'm willing to try
and supply it.  I'll do my best to reply with only the minimum needed to
help. In the meantime I think
I may go and grab the separate mp3lib and recompile.

Regards

John