[MPlayer-users] Incomplete file behaviour

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Mar 31 18:53:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 03:38:15PM +0200, belcampo wrote:
> If the contents of a 1000 sec h264 file would be on a distributed
> filesystem, on say a 1000 computers, and 1 would not be available, so 25
> frames would be missing, how would mplayer react on this, hang, or skip
> 1 sec and play the rest of the file ?

Sorry, this is too little information to even _guess_. What do you
consider a "h264 file"? H.264 Annex B / ES or H.264 in MPEG-TS, or in
MPEG-PS or in MOV/MP4?
How does your distributed file system react when one computer is
missing? Does it reconstruct the data from information on other
computers, does it wait for the missing computer to become available
again, does it just return zeros, random data, or create and I/O error?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger