[MPlayer-users] Compile MEncoder with x264 in libavcodec

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Tue May 6 15:18:38 CEST 2008

ajaxas wrote:
> On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:22:13 +0100
> Mark Himsley <mark at mdsh.com> wrote:
>
>> Mark Himsley wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been compiling Mplayer and MEncoder on Linux every now-and-then. I
>>> don't remember having to do anything too special to get x264 into
>>> libavcodec but currently ./configure --enable-menu results in:
>>>
>>> [SNIP]
>>> Checking for x264 ... yes (in libavcodec: no)
>>> [SNIP]
>>>
>>> Do you have any tips how I can compile MEncoder with x264 vcodec in lavc?
>>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Forgot to mention that this is with dev-SVN-r26674.
>
> Is there any specific need for x264 in lavc?.. If you compile mplayer
> documentation and read paragraph 7.1.3, you will find it encouraging to use x264
> sources obtained via SVN.

I've got x264 from the GIT repo with `git clone
git://git.videolan.org/x264.git`. It's been compiled and installed into
/usr/local/lib (which is included in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf and
ldconfig has been run.

The specific reasion for wanting x264 is because I have scripts written
that way and I didn't want to have to learn how to convert the
parameters I use in lavc to implement the same in x264, and then test
the results on all the devices I am making h.264 video for. Is that lazy
of me ;-)

--
Mark