[MPlayer-users] lavf Seg Fault

Pedro A. Aranda paaguti at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 13:47:59 CEST 2008

Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml <at> fatooh.org> writes:

> Pedro A. Aranda wrote:
> If there's still a problem, it would be nice if you would try to
> simplify this command a little. Chances are that most of those options
> are irrelevant to the segfault you're seeing. This would be nice to see:
>
> $ mencoder -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=1000 -nosound -of lavf \
> ../ladeux.m2p -o ladeux.mp4

I still have a segfault, but that is independant of the source I use.
In this case, this m2p file is a short sample of DVB-T recorded with
gnutv. But I see the same with DVD's and AVI files :(

> ...and if you still have a segfault, upload ladeux.m2p to
> ftp://upload.mlayerhq.hu/ or a publicly-accessible server.
>
> > after commenting out the code in avio.c it continues to segfault.
>
> You did rebuild mplayer, right? Try `make clean && make` to be sure.
I went a step _beyond_ that:

make distclean
./configure --enable-debug=3
make

> > After some
> > debugging (without reverting that patch), I get lost. Anyhow here is a log
> > of my work with gdb (compiling with --enable-debug). I hope it helps to
> > debug this. Unfortunately, I'm too busy to chase this bug down myself :(
>
> All I see there is (I think) you running into the expected segfault
> because of ffmpeg r13061. If there's still another problem, you'll need
> to revert r13061 before finding it.
>
> -Corey

Some extra info:

MEncoder dev-SVN-r26553-4.2.3 was the last working version for me.

Cheers,/PA