[MPlayer-users] Encoding dv 25fps avi to h264 - frame issues

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Sat May 17 01:42:15 CEST 2008

This is more a question to allay my fears; I'm encoding some footage I
have of my kids (so obviously I want the highest quality I can in
relation to the source). When I set mencoder to go, it either comes up
with skipping frames every 24 frames (I'd guess), or says duplicate
frames, or I get "Too many frames in the video buffer (59 of 8964000)".

I'm concerned that this might be affecting the end result- is this true,
or am I being paranoid?

I've setup with -ni, tried filmdeint and pullup,softskip, and set the
fps and ofps to 25.00, with no change. The output I get is mainly
dependent on whether I set fps to 24000/1001 (which it obviously isn't,
but it took me a while to catch on). If I set fps to 25000/1001 it says
using 24.98 but the error is still the same anyway.

SO- am I paranoid?