[MPlayer-users] Illegal instruction crashes (SVN revs 26753 and 25993)

Tobias Jakobi liquid.acid at gmx.net
Sun May 18 14:10:51 CEST 2008

Hi Jan,

the source was build on the system I intended to run the binary on.

So according to what you said the buildsystem should have detected that
the CPU doesn't support any kind of SSE instructions.

snip from /proc/cpuinfo:
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

So either the gentoo ebuild does not set some options correctly or the
mplayer buildsystem doesn't do CPU caps detection right.

I'm going to try a SVN build anyway, but if I understand you correctly I
don't need to pass the --disable-sse options to the configure script IF
I'm building the binary on the system where the binary should be used,
right?

Greetings,
Tobias Jakobi