[MPlayer-users] mplayer & tv capture

Mark Misulich munguanaweza at embarqmail.com
Tue May 20 17:31:20 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have been trying various scripts to see if I can get mplayer to
display input to a tv capture card in my computer without success.  The
tv capture card is a ATI tv wonder pro.  I use a video player to play
old videos to my computer through the tv card in WinXP, and then use
Nero to convert it to Mpeg to write to DVD.  I would like to learn how
to get this running in Linux, but the best I have been able to achieve
is snow on all the channels except the one on which the video is
playing.  On that channel, I have  a black screen with some lines, but
no picture.

I have tried several scripts, here is  the one most recently used with
the results described above:

mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:input=0:norm=ntsc:width=640:height=480:device=/dev/video0:\
freq=61.25:adevice=/dev/dsp1:forceaudio:audiorate=32000

Thanks,
Mark