[MPlayer-users] Encoding for SanDisk Sansa e200 (version 2)

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Fri May 23 02:04:40 CEST 2008

Kai Ponte <kai at perfectreign.com> writes:

Hi Kai:

> Wonder if one can provide a bit of help with encoding video for a
> SanDisk Sanse e260 player

V1 or V2? The V1 (Portal Player SoC) uses MPJEG in a QT container and
PCM audio, where as the V2 (AMS SoC) uses DivX with mpeg audio.

Judging from your post, I presume you have a V2. I have tried many times
to help people transcode with mencoder for the V2 with no luck as you
can see in this thread (I don't have a V2 myself):

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10865

If you do have a V2, we can work together to find a commandline that
works, if you want.

> I can't use Rockbox yet with this version. I've even tried using the player
> under VMWare (XP guest OS) and it just crashes VMWare.

The V1 works with Rockbox. If you have a V2, you will have to wait.

Charles