[MPlayer-users] Creative Zen compatible movies

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:32:32 CEST 2008

|TEcHNO| wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to find out how to create a Creative Zen compatible
> movie. So far I've been able to make the movie play, with sound, but I
> can't use the "seek".
> I've got some movies from the player, and if anyone can help me with
> finding out what else do I need to change to make them seekable, I'd be
> glad to cooperate.

Hi,

I think I have seen an extension to create zen vision movies in
mediacoder [ http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/ ], a frontend for
mencoder. I don't know what settings you have tried.

If you are using command line mencoder, then try these settings

Setting I found for zen vision are:
========================
Format - MPEG-4
Video resolution option: Original size, 320x240 (recommended), 208x176,
176x144
Frame rate: 25 fps (recommended) but can range from 15 - 30 fps
Video bitrate : 600 (recommended) but can range from 300 - 600
Audio : As you wish.

Well, this is just what I found, I have no means of checking that since
I don't own a zen.

Regards