[MPlayer-users] SBTVD Streams

Marcelo N. Boufleur marcelo at casablancaonline.com.br
Fri May 23 22:28:22 CEST 2008

Hi, I recently received three TS files in SBTVD format and tried to play
them with MPLayer without success.

SBTVD is a new standard for Digital Terrestrial Television in Brazil,
and it is based in ISDB-T from Japan, so it's not DVB nor ATSC. The
container is MPEG-2 Transport Stream, but the main video is H.264 1080i
HD and the audio is AAC. The same stream might contain another program
with the same content for mobiles, using H.264 baseline profile.

I tested these files with practically all playout softwares in the
market, but none could play them quite right. The best one was Arcsoft's
TotalMedia Theatre <http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmediatheatre/>,
mainly because of it's demuxer. Apart from other filters, I could change
from the HD program to the mobile program in Arcsoft's demuxer inside
Graphedit. this didn't solve my audio problems for the HD stream. I was
able to play the mobile content this way, and strangely, the AAC audio
for this one played without any issues.

I also used a free tool called MediaInfo
<http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en> that showed me the streams inside
the video content.

Anyway since the standard is new and there ain't a lot of available
content using this format out there, I'm making these three files
available for download here <http://www.cbclip.com.br/Manhattan/> (login
details below), for debbuging and analyze purposes. Perhaps I might hope
to see MPlayer able to play these in the near future.

Username: Manhattan
Password: M4nh4tt4n

Marcelo Boufleur