[MPlayer-users] How to play MTV files?

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Sat May 24 01:05:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Friday 23 May 2008 19:03, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 02:25:51AM +0400, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> > As you can see, "Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and
> > video format 0x10424752" yet again. If I understand your
> > correctly, you can play that file with mplayer rev >= 26846,
> > so I can't understand what's wrong with my system. Or, maybe,
> > you have some special options enabled or some uncommitted
> > changes pending?
>
> Are you really, really, _really_ sure you have _no_ codecs.conf
> lying around _anywhere_ (no, -noconfig has no effect on that
> one)?

Yes, I'm absolutely sure that built-in, default codecs.conf is
used. And the proof is in my previous e-mail:
get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/andrew/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
Reading /home/andrew/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/home/andrew/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf.

> The colours are probably wrong with the current code though.

Well, this is another issue.

With best regards,
Andrew