[MPlayer-users] Dumping WMV subs

|TEcHNO| techno at punkt.pl
Sat May 24 10:28:12 CEST 2008

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> mkvmerge can probably extract them. FFmpeg (I think) can do it too, but the format
> it produces is probably nothing you can use. With MPlayer you would probably have
> to change the source.
> To render while encoding, see -vf expand and -sid option.
I'm trying something like this below, but the output has no subtitles.
In case I was misunderstood, I want to reencode a movie so that embedded
subs will be on the video (ie. softsub -> hardsub).

mencoder "$1" -ovc xvid -oac mp3lame \
			-ofps $OFPS -sid 0\
			-vf crop=$CROP,scale=320:-3:0:0:$SCALER_PARS \
			-sws $SCALER_TYPE \
  			-xvidencopts bitrate=$VBITRATE:nogmc:noqpel\
		:quant_type=$QUANT_TYPE:pass=2:profile=asp3:threads=2 \
			-lameopts vol=$VOLGAIN:vbr=3:aq=0 -o "$2"

With:
VBITRATE=600;
QUANT_TYPE=mpeg;
ABITRATE=128;
VOLGAIN=0;
CROP=0:0:0:0;
SCALER_TYPE=2;
SCALER_PARS=0.00:0.65;
OFPS=25;

--
pozdrawiam     |"Help me master, I felt the burning twilight behind
techno at punkt.pl|those gates of steel..." --Perihelion, Prophecy Sequence