[MPlayer-users] M-Audio M1010LT Recording Level

Mitchell Pryor pryor27616 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 20:04:44 CEST 2008

Has anyone tried recording audio from an M-AUDIO
1010LT sound card with mencoder? It works but the
recorded volume is extremely low.  I use Envy24 to
adjust the sound cards volume levels, but mencoder
seems to be disregarding my settings with this card.
Other software I use works fine with this sound card:
audacity and arecord, for example.  Does mencoder
"read" sound differently from other sound recording
software? This is the last hurdle I face in getting a
good video and sound recording with my current setup.
Thanks for any help.