[MPlayer-users] Wrong 5.1 channels order with Vorbis

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat May 31 16:21:11 CEST 2008

Hi.

With the same 6-channels file, the two following commands:

mplayer -channels 6 -ao alsa -ac ffvorbis surround-name.ogg
mplayer -channels 6 -ao alsa -ac   vorbis surround-name.ogg

send channels in different order to the speakers. Therefore, one at least of
the codecs is bogus.

According to the sources, neither call reorder_channel, so they are probably
both bogus. I am still looking for a tool that does the right thing (or a
tool that does the wrong thing in a controlled way) to be more accurate.

Any advice to help me seeing through all this would be appreciated.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George