[MPlayer-users] pre-existing libdvdread

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Nov 4 11:18:50 CET 2008

On Tuesday, 04 November 2008 at 03:34, nettxzl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's another libdvdread library which can be found at
>
> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/dist/
>
> (It's used in BLFS, Beyond Linux From Scratch)
>
> At first I wasn't sure if it was an earlier version of your
> libdvdread-4.1.3. But after looking at your Changelog I think they must be
> independent programs.

They are not. Ours is a fork of the version that was included in libdvdnav
tree (libdvdread-0.9.4) with many improvements since.

> Do you think it might be better to change the name of
> your libdvdread to something else? Since there is a pre-existing library
> with the same name it could lead to confusion.

Not really. They are API-compatible.

If you'd like to talk about our libdvdread fork, feel free to subscribe
to https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/dvdnav-discuss and post
your questions there.

Regards,
R.