[MPlayer-users] MPlayer colorspace problem

Mark Williams mark at image-engine.com
Wed Nov 5 01:35:20 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm having some problems with colorspace in MPlayer which is best
demonstrated by way of example.

If I take a single JPEG and copy it to a sequence, input.0001.jpg -
input.0004.jpg in the current directory, and encode it to an MJPEG...

    mencoder "mf://input.*.jpg" -o out.mov -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg

... then rip the resulting movie back to JPEGs :

   mplayer out.mov -vo jpeg

I see an appreciable difference in intensity between my input frames and
the ripped frames when viewed under identical conditions. Even if I view
the movie directly in mplayer, I still see that its intensity does not
match my input. I've tried a few different movie players and mplayer
seems to be the only one which shows this difference.

Am I perhaps missing some options to either one of these two commands,
or is there something else going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Mark