[MPlayer-users] A script/wrapper to play Youtube etc videos?

Thu Nov 6 12:41:38 CET 2008

Hi all,

I like to use Youtube etc for tech talks, but what always annoys
me is that I have to open a new instance of $BROWSER, go
to the site in question, resize the browser and then put it in the
upper left.
And even then, I can't use MPlayer's neat hotkeys.

So, is anyone aware of a, preferably MPlayer-based,
program/wrapper/script which will I pass the URL of a video to
which will then spawn a new window with the video in it? I am
aware of the download tools, but they just don't work the way
I want (i.e. no waiting time).

Thanks,
Richard