[MPlayer-users] A script/wrapper to play Youtube etc videos?

Thu Nov 6 13:58:05 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 13:31, Oliver Seitz <info at vtnd.de> wrote:

> I found mozplugger to be highly configurable. The command line to invoke
> mplayer can be changed in the configuration file. So if you just omit the
> stuff that would place mplayer's output within the browser window, I think
> it would open up a new window.

The problem with this is that, ttbomk, MPlayer does not support flash
videos directly, but needs a third-party tool to extract the flv, first.

Also, I don't generally want to display _all_ flash-based video content
in a seperate window. What I envision is

  wrap_mplayer.sh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTkwON1Bk

(or some such) and then have a mplayer window come up.

Thanks for your input,
Richard