[MPlayer-users] 7.1 Channel Discs? On the radar??

Sara Glade saraglade at mail.com
Fri Nov 7 03:31:48 CET 2008

Dear Group, I have a bunch of discs encoded with 7.1 surround.  I would
absolutely *love* to playback 7.1 on my video program of choice... of
course MPLAYER.  My newest computer, a 3GB Vista machine was a low-end
machine, but is VERY fast.  The basic motherboard even has 8 channel HD
audio built in! :))) But it only makes sense MPLAYER should have more
than 5 channels.  It is my understanding 7.1 is actually 8 channels (thus
7.1 = 7+1 channels = 8) :) Anyone know about this is mplayer will have
-channels 8 anytime in the future?  I am not too tech savvy, so I am not
into re-compiling the source code with patches, so I hope to see this
soon as more of my fav movies have 7.1 and I am getting some speakers
soon, and very excited about that. Best wishes, Sara.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com