[MPlayer-users] Cycling through video tracks with mkv

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 09:07:46 CET 2008

I have a Matroska file I put together from a rip of a DVD track with
multiple angles.

I can choose which track to view with -vid, but I'd like to be able to
select during play with the underscore key.  From the man page,
however, it appears that's not an option for mkv files:
              _ (MPEG-TS, AVI and libavformat only)
                   Cycle through the available video tracks.

-identify gives us:
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[mkv] Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG2), -vid 0
ID_VIDEO_ID=1
[mkv] Track ID 2: video (V_MPEG2), -vid 1
ID_VIDEO_ID=2
[mkv] Track ID 3: video (V_MPEG2), -vid 2
ID_VIDEO_ID=3
[mkv] Track ID 4: video (V_MPEG2), -vid 3
ID_VIDEO_ID=4
[mkv] Track ID 5: video (V_MPEG2), -vid 4

Any thoughts on how hard this would be to support?

mrc