[MPlayer-users] build error (not sure if this is the right list)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Nov 13 15:42:27 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 04:55:35AM -0800, Steven Miller wrote:
> ... so let me know if there is another list this post should be on. I'm trying to build svn version (dated yesterday) on the latest version of cygwin. All is well until the final linking stage, the actual error is
>
> stream/cache2.o:cache2.c:(.text+0x5c1): undefined reference to `__beginthread'
> stream/cache2.o:cache2.c:(.text+0x122a): undefined reference to `__endthread'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1

Well, you can resurrect the old cache2.c code that used different
functions, but that causes a memory leak.
I have no idea which thread functions you are supposed to use on cygwin.
Could you tell me the result of
grep HAVE_SHM config.h
if that is available the separate-process-cache could be used on cygwin.

> my configure opts
>
> $ ./configure --enable-static --disable-x11 --disable-pthreads --disable-tv
>
> I thought I had it with '--disable-pthreads' .... but no dice. The win32 thread is being disabled by 'configure' itself.

pthreads has nothing to do with it, those are native Windows (and OS/2 even) thread functions.