[MPlayer-users] Creating a video from timestamped images

David Makalsky dmakalsky at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 02:05:31 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a sequence of timestamped images (e.g. 1227226654609.jpg) and I
want to convert them into a video.  Currently, I am running the
following cmd:

mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=4 -o $silentmovie -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800

The problem is, my images aren't necessarily evenly spaced (and so the
video is sped up significantly in some places and slower in others).

Is there a way to somehow fix it so I manually feed the images in as
keyframes at a certain time?

Thanks,

--
David