[MPlayer-users] mplayer compiling problems

rh666 at web.de rh666 at web.de
Sun Nov 23 13:52:15 CET 2008

Hi to everyone

Im new on the list and have some trouble with compiling mplayer and mencoder.
my latest Snapshot (MPlayer dev-SVN-r27743-4.3) works fine but mencoder
is very slow when i'm encoding with xvid, only 22-24 Frames/sec in First Pass
and 5-6 Frames/sec in Second Pass.

My Computer is a Athlon 64 X 2 6000+ with 4GiB Ram and i'm using openSuSE
11.1 beta 2 Compiler is GCC 4.3.3.

Over the Years i'm using mplayer (since 2001) i've got more and more
Performance with mencoder so was my last mplayer 1.0 rc2 with an Athlon
4000+ and OS openSuSE 9.2 faster then ever (50-55 f/s 1Pass a. 20-25 f/s
2Pass) but now...

I thing it's a question of the Compiler but i don't know it. Is there any
possibillity for optimization the compiling of mplayer and mencoder?

By the way, latest svn-Snapshot (last night) will not configure at all.
It missing X11 and alsa  and few more that i have already installed
(with *devel)

thank you in advance

rudi