[MPlayer-users] mplayer compiling problems

rh666 at web.de rh666 at web.de
Sun Nov 23 14:49:30 CET 2008

On Sunday 23 November 2008 13:55:19 Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:52 PM,  <rh666 at web.de> wrote:
> > Hi to everyone
> >
> > Im new on the list and have some trouble with compiling mplayer and
> > mencoder. my latest Snapshot (MPlayer dev-SVN-r27743-4.3) works fine but
> > mencoder is very slow when i'm encoding with xvid, only 22-24 Frames/sec
> > in First Pass and 5-6 Frames/sec in Second Pass.
>
> Are you sure that XviD was compiled with ASM optimizations on?

I use the rpm-package that comes with openSuSE but i can also compile it
by myself, but what is ASM (do you mean Assembler?) and how can i compile
Xvid with this? I have no idea about specific compileroptions :-(
Btw. do you know how i can tell Xvid to use my 2 cores, i try it with
threads, but nothing happend.

> Guillaume

rudi