[MPlayer-users] MENCODER question, AVI Compress to top quality, please help with ideas

Staci S antlamp at inorbit.com
Wed Nov 26 19:36:00 CET 2008

  inputfile.avi should be your input file, outputfile.mp4 will be your
  output.
  When I tried that commandline, my middle-of-the-road computer encoded
  it at
  about 17fps, so it'll take longer than realtime to do the work.

  that is really excellent.  i read your email carefully, and worked
  with
  it and got some good results.  however, the problem i am having is
  the original single color matte background in the original avi, is
  getting
  muxed with, and is not the original color i chosen.

  but it seems to compress it too much! if i can only compress the avi
  by a little, maybe i can reach my goal :)

  do you know what i can try to keep the colors straight? :))

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com