[MPlayer-users] channels.conf

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Sat Nov 29 02:42:35 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 22:25 +0000, Jethro Tull wrote:
> does anyone have an idea of what's the file channels.conf and how to make it?
> without it it seems that mplayer doesn't show dvb stream.
> i googled for it but found nothing.

There are a couple of ways to go about this. If you're using linux use
either tzap or one of the tools in dvbtools called dvbscan (or scandvb
or something similar- every distro seems to be different, so ask the
support or ml for them for the specifics. Or run find / | grep dvb as su
and see if that turns up anything once you have the dvbtools installed).
With tzap you should specify pid style (should be default I think, but
make sure).

Check out linuxtv.org and go to the dvb section. It helps explain this
for you.