[MPlayer-users] zooming video whilst playing

Anthony anthonyif at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 23:59:12 CET 2008

I'm using mplayer with freevo as a PVR; mplayer runs in slave mode.

When I'm watching 'wide screen' movies that I've recorded from the TV,
the movies have black bars top and bottom. mplayer then plays these with
black bands left and right because I don't want to change the aspect
ratio.

I can change the aspect ratio via the 'switch_ratio' slave command.
But I'd rather zoom instead and make the low quality video expand to
fill the screen.

Is there a way of zooming whilst the video is playing in the same way
that I can switch aspect ratios?

			Anthony.