[MPlayer-users] Problem with latest dvdnav SVN and VIDEO_TS playback

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Fri Oct 3 10:02:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] Problem with latest dvdnav SVN and VIDEO_TS playback
  Date & Time: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 03:53:09 -0400

[Charles] == "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan at sympatico.ca> has written:

Charles>> Playing dvdnav://.
Charles>> [...]
Charles>> libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.

Charles> This is really strange, I am using the same commandline for both
Charles> (actually I just use the up arrow key in bash). It works if I change
Charles> the symlink of libdvdnavmini.so.4 to libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.1. If I change
Charles> it back to libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.3 (which is what I compiled mplayer
Charles> with), it doesn't work.

As root,

# ldconfig

This will solve your problem.