[MPlayer-users] Problematic DVD

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 3 15:12:51 CEST 2008

Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> writes:

> mplayer /media/dvd/video_ts/vts_37_1.vob

Playing a vob file directly works.

> - VIDEO_TS and VTSes are in lower case?

Of course not, they are in upper case.

> - compile mplayer with dvdnav using "DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt" from
> your mplayer source directory

Been doing that for a long time.

> - have you installed "libdvdcss" along with "libdvdcss-dev" in your system?

Of course, I have compiled this many times.

Like I said, the same version of Mplayer linked against
libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.1 works, but not with libdvdnavmini.so.4.1.3.

Also, where do I sign up for the the dvdnav list? I can't seem to find
it.

Thanks.

Charles