[MPlayer-users] Feature suggestion: re-index while playing

Tony Lainson t.lainson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:14:54 CEST 2008

Hello,

Are feature requests/suggestions welcome here?

Anyway, I think it would be nice to have a "reindex" slave command
that, when issued, rebuilds the index of the AVI file being played.
Like the -idx switch does when playback begins.

Its use:

1. bind reindex to a keyboard button
2. start downloading big_video
3. start watching big_video before it's been fully downloaded
4. press the reindex button before seeking forwards or backwards

I won't implement this myself, so I submit it for others to think about.