[MPlayer-users] Stitched video file has no audio and no timecode

Anthony Castillon anthony_castillon at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 20:32:06 CEST 2008

Thanks for the reply, Dominik.

I actually stumbled into mencoder while looking for a solution to concatenate multiple wmv files into a single wmv file.

I simplified my command to remove the -lavcopts argument:
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o <output file path> <list of files to merge>

However, I'm still not getting any audio in the merged output.

I read about ffmpeg too.  However, I read somewhere that you have to encode the input files to mpg and concatenate them, then reencode the concatenated file to wmv.  Is this true?

Anthony