[MPlayer-users] Stitched video file has no audio and no timecode

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Oct 9 22:00:24 CEST 2008

> How come the files don't play with audio in Windows Media Player 10?

Sorry, I don't have the faintest idea. But, when I really have to make wmv
files, I use the tool especially designed for that. That is, Windows Media
Encoder. I do all cutting, transforming, filtering in mencoder using avi
files (using preferably lossless codecs like huffyuf and pcm if disk space
permits) and converting the final result to wmv using the mentioned
software.

But usually people try not to ask me to make wmvs, as most of them know
they will have to explain why all other formats are not suitable. And
that's not easy... :-)

Greets,

Kiste