[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

Roger Krowiak roger.krowiak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 14:51:32 CEST 2008

For me this is a more political than technical issue and should be
viewed so. I fully understand, that everyone can freely and relatively
easy use the SVN version. But as far as the Mplayer project have the
latest numbered release on it's homepage, for a lot of people it's
clear signal -  latest version is 1.0RC2, newer version not available.

Also for distributions, from SVN tree they can hardly see in what
state it's current version (e.g. lot of new stuff added, expect
problems; or lot of fixes added, should work like sharm). From my
point of view, the next numbered version would be great and would
bring the latest version of Mplayer to more people (and more
feedback).

Anyhow, thank you for your work and great SW which Mplayer is.

BR,
Roger Krowiak