[MPlayer-users] Mencoder/mplayer AVCHD problem - is this a bug or a bad file?

Jakub Kulesza jakkul at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:57:59 CEST 2008

Oh, yes.... my bad. Next time i'll post more info - will remember that :)

Already read the mencoder man page - have you got any suggestions
regarding setting -mc? Where

I recon, that each file that produces errors will require different
-mc setting. Most long files from the camera seem to be working ok.

You suggested that my framerate forcing might be not so good. I'll try
to find other way of confirming my framerate. Mencoding the way i've
described earlier produced files that with audio in sync with video.

Thanks for your help!

2008/10/13 RC <cooleyr at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:03:16 +0200
> "Jakub Kulesza" <jakkul at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please could someone check those files? Or even tell me how can i get
>> along with the "bad" one?
>
> If you had just posted the error message, instead of writing an essay
> (with the important info carefully concealed somewhere deep inside)
> you'd have gotten answers much more quickly and easily...  Paraphrasing
> almost never works, because the more important bits invariably don't get
> conveyed, as you've proven.
>
> MEncoder doesn't complain about the video in your sample being
> "non-interleaved" at all...  As it shouldn't, only AVI can be ni.  What
> it complains about is "too many video packets in the buffer" and merely
> suggests -ni as an option.  MEncoder has several entirely unrelated
> error messages  that suggest the same.
>
> That error message means audio and video are getting too far out of
> sync for MEncoder to cope.  Different values of -mc can cause and or
> resolve such problems.  But specifying an incorrect frame rate can as
> well. "Too many *video* packets" suggests the frame rate you've forced
> is too high.  *audio* would be the opposite.

Pozdrawiam

Jakub Kulesza