[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Tue Oct 14 10:13:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 05:23, Phil_Rhodes at rocketmail.com wrote:
> >> VLC is a very good windows program, that is for sure.
>
> Can't agree. VLC has strange performance issues and glitches
> with subtitles.
>
> On the other hand you don't have to type in three lines of
> commandline gibberish to make it do things,

I completely disagree with you. You can replace all that
"gibberish" with config file and profiles within in. But CLI gives
you a delightful flexibility and you are not forced to click with
mouse on God-only-knows-where-and-why-placed buttons and menu
items.

> and the subtitle
> font isn't InCrEd1blY uGlY like the mplayer one is.

And what wrong with subtitle fonts, tell me please? I use
-fontconfig and have perfect fonts in english, russian and
japaneese subtitles. Well, perhaps -fontconfig should be enabled
by default if supported.

Best regards,
Andrew