[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Oct 15 08:58:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:13:01 +0400
Andrew Savchenko <Bircoph at list.ru> wrote:

> And what wrong with subtitle fonts, tell me please? I use
> -fontconfig and have perfect fonts in english, russian and
> japaneese subtitles. Well, perhaps -fontconfig should be enabled
> by default if supported.

-fontconfig is turned on when you use -ass, unless explicitly
turned off. IMHO ass is the only place where fontconfig really
makes sence, as it is the only place where MPlayer has to
deal with different fonts regularly. For all other cases
setting one -font or specifying subfont.ttf is more than enough.

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.