[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Oct 15 09:13:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:40:12 +0400
Andrew Savchenko <Bircoph at list.ru> wrote:

> Look for the mplayer-users list archives. You will see a huge burst
> of bugreports and feedbacks after each release. And this is why
> releases worth all work done to make them. Do not underestimate
> the value of the user feedback. Even the best developers are not
> able to test their program thoroughly due to limited numbers. And
> some good projects died just because they thought they're
> irreplaceable, do not repeat their mistakes please, I really want
> to see radiant future of MPlayer. At least once a year we can
> spend some of our time to make a release.

Lots of bugreports do not help development, if there are
not enough developers to fix them. And yes, we don't have
enough people going trough bugreports, checking them for
validity and fixing them.

Heck, i have myself a list of a dozen bugs that i'd want
to fix somewhen....

			Attila Kinali
--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.