[MPlayer-users] gprof use with mplayer

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Oct 15 09:21:21 CEST 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:39:14 -0400
Brian S Pilz <parsefal at pobox.com> wrote:

> gprof requires compilation with a -pg flag which is incompatible
> with the -fomit-frame-pointer flag in my makefile, and I can't
> find anyplace in the configure script to include extra flags like
> -pg to let it figure out if they work.

You have to hack config.mak to do that. But be aware that
quite a few portions of optimized functions will not compile
anymore if you take ebp away, as gcc will run out of registers.
(On IA32 for sure, havent checked x86_64)

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.