[MPlayer-users] Hiro Codec

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:00:24 CEST 2008

Da Rock pisze:

>>> Has anyone got a clue on playing video encoded with hiro? Preferably
>>> without the ads, but hey- as long as it plays I don't really care at
>>> this point...
>> Hiro is not a codec, it's DRM software. I presume it wont be video codec
>> programming but hacking what helps here.

>> If you want to play the files WITH the ads, that would be hard to do
>> without the help of the Hiro people, as the ads are downloaded just when
>> you begin to watch a file.

> Ok, so how do we go about that? I'm not savvy with media formats, so I'm
> not even sure where to begin even.

> For samples try http://video.ninemsn.com.au/catchuptv/

Free Catch-Up TVAccess to free episode download has never been simpler.
All you need to do is download the free HIRO video player.

1. System requirements
PC
The free HIRO video player requires Windows 2000 / XP or Vista and
Windows Media Player.
MAC
The free Mac HIRO player requires Mac with an intel processor, system
10.4 or above and a QuickTime player.

So, it's intended to work with thier own video player only.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/