[MPlayer-users] When will there be a new release?

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Thu Oct 16 02:22:33 CEST 2008

El Miércoles, 15 de Octubre de 2008 21:22, Nicolas George escribió:
> Le tridi 23 vendémiaire, an CCXVII, Vladimir Mosgalin a écrit :
> > Is it, really? I was ass-force-style when ass support just appeared, but
> > soon disabled it because it broke default style in .ass subs. I.e. when
> > you force style like this, it doesn't only affect old subs, but also
> > replaces "Default" style in .ass subs which use it, destorying original
> > style.
>
> That works correctly with -ass-styles. The order of precedence is:
> -ass-styles, styles in the ASS file, -ass-force-style, so all is well.

I didn't know about it. Seems interesting, but unfortunately it seems it
doesn't work with enca. For example, if I use -subcp enca:es:iso-8859-1 then
mplayer can't load the file specified in -ass-styles:

SUB: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer
SUB: error opening iconv descriptor.
SUB: Read 815 subtitles.
SUB: Adjusted 13 subtitle(s).
[ass] error opening iconv descriptor.
[ass] error recoding file.
[ass] error opening iconv descriptor.
[ass] error recoding file.

It works ok if I use -subcp iso-8859-1 instead.

--
RVM