[MPlayer-users] Mplayer doesn't build

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 12:16:04 CEST 2008

On 15 Oct 2008, at 15:01, András Erdélyi wrote:

> I've tried to follow the install guide in the manual and ./configure
> went on
> fine, but after I start make it abruptly stops.
>
> It tells the problem is in:
>
>> vo_ivtv.c in function 'ivtv_reset'
>
> and then tells about some undeclared variables(?).
> Could anyone help me resolve this issue? I'm still a newby to linux-
> systems
> but trying my best, I don't know what more details should I provide...

The details you need to provide is the output displayed on the screen
when you type `make`. What EXACTLY does it say about vo_ivtv.c &
undeclared variables? Copy & paste from the terminal you're compiling
in. You don't need everything from `make` all the way to the errors -
that would be too much - just the last page or two, whatever "looks
relevant".

Stroller.