[MPlayer-users] mplayer compile

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:59:47 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Brian Pilz <parsefal at pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get mplayer to compile with a minimal set of components, this to do some profiling.  (Several of the components are broken with the compile settings, I'm trying, components in
> libavecodec using cabac.c h264.c, ...).  I hope if I exclude the offenders, I'll be successful.

I don't think it's worth the trouble. Just use a profiler that doesn't
need your code to be recompiled for profiling, i.e. use oprofile on
Linux or Shark on OSX (I assume there are a similar tools on Windows)

>  Does
> anyone know how to include ONLY mpeg1 & mpeg2 support (or some other minimal configuration)
> in an mplayer make from the ./configure line?

play with the following configure switches:

  --disable-decoder=DECODER disable specified FFmpeg decoder
  --enable-decoder=DECODER  enable specified FFmpeg decoder
  --disable-encoder=ENCODER disable specified FFmpeg encoder
  --enable-encoder=ENCODER  enable specified FFmpeg encoder
  --disable-parser=PARSER   disable specified FFmpeg parser
  --enable-parser=PARSER    enable specified FFmpeg parser
  --disable-demuxer=DEMUXER disable specified FFmpeg demuxer
  --enable-demuxer=DEMUXER  enable specified FFmpeg demuxer
  --disable-muxer=MUXER     disable specified FFmpeg muxer
  --enable-muxer=MUXER      enable specified FFmpeg muxer

Guillaume
--
One should not give up hope on imbeciles. With a little training, you
can make them into soldiers.