[MPlayer-users] How to get a remote avi section with mplayer (via HTTP) ??

Abel Campos abeljus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 13:34:06 CEST 2008

Hi again!I started this post many months ago. Now I have some questions
related again.

I have checked mencoder needs to read the idx (frames index) chunk of the
avi file before to get the video section of the file. This is necessary to
find out the position of the wished video in the file exactly.
The problem is that the idx chunk is around 4 MBytes (for a file of 1GB). I
need to get several video sections of the same file, but since I launch a
different execution of mencoder.exe for each section, I guess the same idx
chunk is downloaded every time.
My question is: Is there any way to make several operations in a only
execution of mencoder using batch or similar ???
If the answer is yes, it's possible that such mechanism was intelligent
enough to download de index once.

Thank you.