[MPlayer-users] Did anything recently changed with -slang?

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Oct 20 10:24:21 CEST 2008

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 19/10/2008 alle 22.21 +0200, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski ha
> scritto:
>> On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:08:07 +0200
>> Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <rambo at id.uw.edu.pl> wrote:
>>
>>> Usually what I did this:
>>>
>>> mplayer -slang en dvd://12-40
>>>
>>> I got first available English subtitles, it's not working anymore.
>> Ah, and to be clear, on dvd I'm playing, the first available English
>> subtitles are numbered 0. When switching to the next (with "j") mplayer
>> shows number "1", and only then starts displaying subtitles.
>

> please, do an svn backtrack and see when the change happened

This problem was mentioned a few times on this list, and (without doing
an SVN trackback) I reckon it was Reimar who said it could have
something to do with the way subtitles are now recognized or
initialized, as they appear during the playback, and the info from the
IFO files are no more trusted. Maybe if I can spare the time, I'll do a
trackback and tell about the precise moment they stopped working as
expected.

--
cheers,
Alex