[MPlayer-users] extract farmes from coded AVI videos

Prakash Atreya atr at arm.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 02:35:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am a novice user of mplayer. I use the command [ mplayer filename.avi
-vo png ] to extract individual frames from the videos. However,
recently I came across some different video types [ I am no expert on
different coded videos ], for which the above command does not work. My
guess is that the mplayer could not find the matching codec for this
particular type of video. I have alternatively try using the command [
mplayer filename -vo png -demuxer rawvideo -rawvideo  w=768:h=576 ]
which does give me extracted frames, but these frames are not usable
[green patches all over and no pictures]

Is there any simple solution ????

Thank you
Prakash

Playing coded.avi.
AVI file format detected.
AVI_NI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
AVI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
VIDEO:  [IYUV]  768x576  12bpp  25.000 fps  132912.0 kbps (16224.6
kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 768 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Planar IYUV)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
VDec: using Planar IYUV as output csp (no 1)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
Unsupported format Planar IYUV
swScaler: Unknown format is not supported as input format
Couldn't init SwScaler for this setup
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
VDecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x56555949.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Exiting... (End of file)

--
Prakash Atreya